Tuesday, June 19, 2018

highlights from the day?

Today was hot. Inside the air conditioner is still struggling to cool us humans. 

In my house are a few boxes filled with trivial things that I think the grandchildren might be interested in someday when I have left this world. One of them, an almost square yellow box of a good size with the words "May the Sun Always Shine On You" in a pretty script on the top, has been stashed away in the back of a rarely used closet. It was way before we left Greenville that I had stuffed it with memorabilia, and I wondered what was in it. I wiggled the lid off. On top was a nice beaded change purse that held two twenty dollar bills. Since it is my money, I transferred it directly into my billfold. Lucky me. 

Earlier I drive over to Panera to meet with a woman who may help with new website for our art organization. We had a lot of good conversation, and she told me about her in-laws who were from Eastern Europe. (Or something like that.) The father's Army job during the war was to go places where they needed a Russian speaking guy to do secret work. She told me he wrote love letters to his wife in a code that could be interpreted only by certain people. Though I cannot tell it with the accuracy, or the love and fervor that she did, the story seemed as if it came straight out of a novel. 

I also bought a new scratching post for my sweet boy cat. He is trying to act disinterested, but tomorrow he will be all over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment