Sunday, March 15, 2020

gift

When I started the gallery, I was advised by other gallery owners to carry small items like jewelry. Art won't sell, they said. Fortunately I have found several creative people who make lovely jewelry. One is a woman name Kathryn who has been in some line of art her whole life and whose current career is as a graphic artist. As a side gig, and for her pleasure, she makes jewelry that highlights flower petals encased in resin and surrounded by silver wire. Today she brought me this pretty box with a pair of her sweet earrings inside. She told me to read the card on the bottom of the box that described the crown of thorns flower that the petals came from. The box itself was adorned with dried hydrangeas and a thin twine or raffia. Wrapped so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment