Thursday, April 30, 2020

End of April

It has been a lonely three and a half hours in the gallery.

I am the only place open around here, and the weather has been awful with rain and winds. I have just about run out of things to do. I could always go home, but I said I will be here until 5 pm, so I will.

The best and the worst is the music. Stuart set me up with a nice speaker that I operate from my iPhone. For a month I could blast it. What joy that brought! Then apartment dwellers moved in above me. Though less loud, I can still listen to French music, Marilyn McCoo, Madeleine Peyroux, and all my other favorites. Today it seemed that all the stations I listened to were too nostalgic, with a lot of music that reminded me of my mommy and daddy and my babies. I took it as long as I could. Finally I landed on London Music Works that spoke nothing to my earlier years.

One thing I wanted to do here is make pizza. Today was a good day to try it. I had bought a big convection toaster oven for the place, and yesterday I made pizza in it for the first time. The second time was today. Thank goodness I can eat all the gluten I want. Now I am comfortable with bringing in the quickly mixed dough from home, keeping toppings in the gallery fridge, and baking in the oven. Maybe someone other than me will enjoy it sometime.

Some lookers just came in. New Yorkers with a three month old black lab on a leash.

What else did I do here today? I blogged on my gallery website. I liked how it turned out. The website expects me (i.e. I expect myself) to blog occasionally, so I did. Doing it without interruptions helped.

About 3 pm, I walked down to the river. It was not raining, but wind was whipping around, and it sounded like there was conflict among the feathered wildlife. When they took note that a human was coming near, the squawking stopped.

Now it is about time to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment