Thursday, April 16, 2020

It's today again.

It is looking like there is an end in sight to America's response to the virus. That's good. I'm sure this has been hard on many people. For us "retired" folks on Social Security however, it hasn't made much of a difference, except for removing the guilt of having to do something useful. For me, I have been eating too much and exercising too little, but the funny thing is, I feel great! Maybe it is the good quality sleep and the lack of pressure.
It's also looking like the beginning of this particular strain of coronavirus has been identified, and that's a good thing, too. Much better to know than for it to be a mystery. Still somewhat of a medical person and one who took a variety of science classes, I know this will be fascinating for researchers. In my work, we loved to talk about interesting cases and situations, and I think all medical people enjoy it. I would however like to see less curiosity and experimentation about what evils can be concocted in a lab. It's wrong to mess with Mother Nature.
And it is Spring! The season the rest of the year lives for. Rebirth and renewal. It has been a wonderful time for us to slow down and think of what we have to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment