Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Thanksgiving is a special day

 * As to the previous post, the lizards have not come back since I put coffee grounds in the mailbox. Can't say that I miss them.

Thanksgiving is two days away, and I will be joining the family at Peter and Sally's house in the country. We will be missing the hubby who Jacob once called "the best eater," but we have a new family member, Jacob's wife. Life is always changing. There are some new goats and chickens, too. 

We may have a group of about twenty, and as usual, I will be bringing homemade rolls. I have never followed a recipe, but they have always turned out pretty good. It's been a year since I made them, and I practically forgot how! But it all came back, even though these are a little messier than usual. I am probably producing about fifty, and unlike previous years when I arose early to bake so they would be nice and fresh, these are going in the freezer until I leave on Thursday morning. I am bringing a couple of side dishes as well, and everyone is bringing something. It will be a feast. 

Like celebrating the concept of love on Valentine's Day, it is good to have a day to celebrate the concept of gratitude, thankfulness, as we are doing this week. The Bible is full of admonitions to be thankful. When we give thanks, whether publicly, privately, or just feel it in our hearts, we are being obedient to the One who made us and knows us best. It is also necessary for good physical and mental health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment