Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Critters

My cat's wail on a couple of occasions called me to see both a raccoon and a possum on my back porch. Sandy was shocked, and so was I! But maybe such animals are to be expected when you live on a marsh, i.e. swamp, so as long as they don't linger, I will take it. I enjoy the songs of birds. I see dragonflies, preying mantis, and other interesting bugs around the small space that is my yard. Occasionally a pretty little green lizard will be on my front door. A neighbor's refined looking black and white cat "went missing" as they say, but after his two week adventure he returned home. Yesterday however, I saw a sign posted at the entrance to the neighborhood. "Missing: Iguana" Now how does that happen? I hope it does not show up on my back porch. I hope I am not the one to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment