Monday, August 18, 2014

Oh the places we'll go.

For the past five years, I have really wanted a bike.
Last week when Wyatt was here, we were in WalMart shopping for a skateboard. As fate would have it, skateboards were next to bicycles, and I spotted the ONE hanging from a rack in the midst of many. I was excited, but should I?
The next day my mind was made up. I dragged Wyatt to WalMart with one thing on my mind, something big and blue just for me. When I got to the back of the store where the bikes were, the one I hoped for was gone! I was heartbroken, but a nice young employee came to my rescue. He explained that a college student had come by yesterday and bought it, but maybe he could find another in the back. About ten minutes later he came out smiling and pushing this one up the aisle. Thank you!
Wyatt rode it to the car, then we loaded it in the back and took it home.
I still don't feel totally secure on it, but I am doing OK riding up and down the flat streets of the neighborhood. I will be taking it with me into the next decade of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment