Sunday, August 10, 2014

Rain and Relaxation

Yesterday morning, it quickly became apparent the air conditioner was no longer cooling. In the afternoon, we noticed the refrigerator wasn't cooling either. Thankfully the house came with a warranty when I bought it last year, but because of the rain, etc, it will be tomorrow before assessment and repairs are done. Meanwhile the rain continues. The outside temp is cooler than a usual August day, but still...I think I have become a spoiled American. The upside is good however. Some windows are open to the sweet sound of raindrops, the sky is a comforting gray, a small fan is whirring, and my little buddy Wyatt is here. All of that has left me so relaxed that I dozed right off while listening to him on the Wii. And this morning as I was lying in the bed, listening to the unfamiliar silence that replaced the running motor of the AC, I thought how wonderful the still quiet was. I was safe. It was peaceful. Over in the Mideast, people are listening to rockets and gunfire, and are afraid. How hard that must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment