Thursday, August 7, 2014

No nurse when I need one!

There are times when I really miss working, or parts of it anyway. Like today for example.

This morning I swept the screened in porch and knocked down the accumulation of summer cobwebs in all the corners high and low. I continued onto the little landing and down the steps to the patio, where, after dropping the broom and picking it back up, I felt a sting on my left hand. Since I had just finished, I came in and assessed. I knew it was an insect bite, probably from a spider, so I quickly began my homespun approach to first aid. The fleshy part under my index finger started turning red, and the bite mark was visible. Jumping to the end of the story, eleven hours later, it is almost gone, and I hope it will stay gone.

If I were still working, I would have gone to the hospital tomorrow and asked the nurses about it, and maybe some doctors, and with all the comments and responses, I would have a clearer idea about what to do. This is one of the benefits of being around so many medical people. Among ourselves, we like to help and share what we know.




No comments:

Post a Comment