Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I spy...

When I got home from my busyness of the day, I sat on my back porch to enjoy the first summer-like weather of the year. The house borders some sort of protected wetland, but it is not a pretty view, just lots of tall pines, cypress knees, undergrowth, and a glimmering low pool of brackish water. Squirrels have plenty of branches to play on, and various unsighted birds sing high above. Today, in the distance through the trees, we spotted a moving band of white that was almost camouflaged by the reflections made by the setting sun. After more watching I identified a great egret slowly wading through the marsh, but to make sure, I got my camera and zoomed in. Wow! Does it make its home there? Was it looking for a nesting place? Or foraging for food? I loved seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment