Saturday, December 26, 2015

Birds

With all the beautiful birds around here, I think I could become a serious birder.
A few days ago, I rode around Greenfield Lake and saw places where there were maybe ten or more egrets and a few herons wading by the edge of the water or sitting on the bare narrow cypress limbs. When I, wearing my Christmas red shirt, parked on the road and got out to take pix, they immediately took off, their wide graceful wings and long skinny legs soaring downstream from me. Today I donned a forest green (camo) shirt and was able to stop and admire without calling too much attention to myself. There were also cormorants vigorously splashing in the water and other pretty birds in the air. I am so smitten with them. Also enchanted by the reflections in the iridescent water.

No comments:

Post a Comment