Thursday, December 31, 2015

the year's end

My second full year in Wilmington is coming to a close in a few short hours.
It has been wonderful. I have no complaints.
What have I enjoyed the most? Probably the people.
Since I knew only four people here before I came to stay, everyone is new to me.
I have found that many people have "discovered" Wilmington and love being here as much as I do. They have nothing but appreciation for the history, the beaches, the huge number of things to do, the weather, and the general vibe.
I have loved the many conversations I have had, hearing people's stories, not just from those who are accomplished, but also from people like the young guy who replaced the light bulb in my car yesterday. It seems to me that they are all delightful. Maybe it is the amount of sunlight we are exposed to, or the salt air, but everyone seems happy.
With gratitude I bid farewell to the year of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment