Sunday, December 13, 2015

choir and orchestra

I like to reserve the words awesome and amazing for things that actually are - like the church's Christmas music.
Little did I know two years ago when I went to the concert that cold, rainy Sunday night, that I would someday be singing it. But I am.
It was awesome! And incredible! And that is not just my opinion.
Since August, we have been practicing the music.
We have an adorable young choir director/Minister of Worship who is a third generation musician. It is in his blood, and he hasn't strayed from it. He stood on that stage with a joyous, bright, and confident countenance, brandished his baton perfectly, and conducted the sixty singers and forty orchestra members like a seasoned pro. No one would think otherwise.
There is almost nothing more thrilling for me than to be a part of a large group of singers accompanied by a fabulous orchestra and to sing my little heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment