Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Getting used to the place

Only about half a block from the hotel is a great little place to eat, Green Apple. It is not exactly a restaurant, deli, cafeteria or shop but sort of a combination of everything. For lunch I had a veggie sandwich on dark bread. After returning from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I had fresh carrot juice, and then a bowl of piping hot chicken noodle soup. When June got in from her day with family, we went back for gelato. I'm sure going to miss it when I get back to Wilmington and have to fix my own meals.
We are staying in the Crowne Plaza. The floors go to 46 and we are on the 18th. It has an un-grand look from the street, but inside it is very nice and is run very efficiently. Our room is large and the shower is wonderful. I see why people want to live in hotels. 
I joined the teeming mass of humanity on the streets today and enjoyed the sounds, smells and sights. It almost feels as if I am outside the USA as everyone seems to be speaking other languages. Going to the museum, Julie and I took the subway. On the way back we took the bus, which was much better. We enjoyed the drive down 5th Avenue and by Central Park. I am learning how to get around. 
(Rehearsal was early today giving us a free afternoon.)
Tomorrow the focus will be on the performance. Sound check and rehearsal at Lincoln Center from noon to two, then we go back again at seven in full black concert attire for the show. We have to stand on risers. I am not too sure about that and hope I hold up ok. 
Signing off for now. Hope this makes sense.

Now it is Monday night. The performance went smoothly, and the audience was appreciative. What great fun! After it was over, the entire chorus plus others who were involved were treated to a fabulous buffet at a nice restaurant that we walked to, even though it was a long way and we didn't know where we were going! It was a noisy, joyful time!
We will head for home tomorrow. 

I am in here somewhere.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment