Friday, November 25, 2016

NYC

What a day!
I was looking to it with both joy and dread, and now it is history.
Because of the crazy traveling plans, I wondered if I would get any sleep and if I would make it! O me of little faith. It all worked out fine, and I survived.
The thirty of us who came together arrived at the Crown Plaza Hotel between eight and nine this morning, which gave us about six hours to explore before we checked in. The hotel is in a fabulous location on Broadway, right near the theatres. My traveling partner June and I had to find some things to do that hopefully involved resting. Only about a block or two away, I spied the TKTS booth. I had not counted on seeing a play, but now thought maybe we could get one in after all. I was thrilled that we could. And they were to the Gloria Estefan story, On Your Feet, for the matinee that started at 2 pm.  It is the one I most wanted to see, if on the wild chance I could. After getting the tickets, we still had time to kill, and preferred not to be On Our Feet! We found a Cuban restaurant that served breakfast and were lazy about the time. Then we went to church. Across the street from the restaurant was an old, ornate Episcopal church that June (an Episcopalian) wanted to check out. Lucky for us, we got to sit inside for a noon service. And did I mention how cold it was in the city and how my feet were freezing? When it ended I was sufficiently warmed inside and out, and we moseyed on over to the Marquis Theatre. What a fantastic experience we had! The seats we had gotten must have been the best in the entire place! Second row (not too close) and dead center. And the singing and dancing were spectacular. Some of my favorite music! The people around us felt the same. Thankful for great seats and a stunning performance that made us feel they were putting it on just for us.  
I hope this makes sense. I am going to sleep now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment