Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Plans

If everything goes according to plan, I will be in Guatemala this time next week.

Our church has two mission trips there a year, and I heard good things about them. When I started thinking about going, I asked the leader about it. He said the October trip was half medical. I always wanted to go on a medical mission trip, so I signed up. I have since learned there will be no medical component. Whatever. Plans change. 

Our group of eighteen will have nice accommodations in a mission house that is on a coffee plantation. In the mornings, we will be taken along some narrow, winding mountainous roads (yikes!) to a spot where we will do some good deeds. And in the evening, we get to go back home for dinner and a shower. There will also be time during the week for sightseeing and shopping in Antigua and Quetzaltenango. 

I hope it goes well for everyone. On a personal level, I hope that I - the oldest on the team - do ok! I look forward to the cultural exchange and seeing the beautiful land. Hopefully, the locals will get something out of it, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment