Friday, September 22, 2017

Sales

Although it is hard to believe, sometimes people actually pay good money for a piece of art I have done. Tonight at a busy Four Friday, a nice couple came through and really liked an abstract I painted the end of last year. Then they decided to buy it! I liked the overall piece, the colors, the surprising little elements, and the good frame that complemented it, and I am pleased someone else did! I hope it brings joy to the new owners and doesn't languish in a closet somewhere. It is a surprisingly happy feeling when somebody buys something, big or small. I am just as happy when some cards are sold as when a painting is sold. It is the sense of validation it gives, as if all is not lost! Because we do spend a lot of time trying to make something from nothing. That is what creating is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment