Tuesday, September 12, 2017

weather and such

What a week of weather it has been in America, especially with the gigantic hurricanes striking two of our biggest and best states. I know that I can't cross the border without saying, "I love Florida!" How rough it must be for the millions who were in the paths of Harvey and Irma.
We escaped everything but some unnaturally gray skies, varying winds, and rain but we are used to daily soakings. I drove to the Arboretum for a meeting this morning in spotty showers and gusting winds. When we left two hours later, everything had changed; the atmosphere was still and the skies were a gorgeous blue with huge white clouds. As I stood outside and chatted with  others, I saw lots of the yellow butterflies (cloudless sulfur) that have been migrating through. In the garden area were even more butterflies, so many different kinds! I didn't work very hard to get a good picture, but here is a quick look. I wonder how the storms have played into their short lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment