Saturday, September 15, 2018

Hurricane news

Jacob and the hubby are out in Jacob's truck seeing the results of Hurricane Florence's slow path through Wilmington. Raymond had so far seen it only from the view out the windows of our house, and was unimpressed. Now he is amazed how the house stood strong, even though some in the neighborhood suffered damage. I'm sorry for them, but I thank God for protecting mine. Downtown looks like a war zone, he said, and he has actually seen war zones. There is flooding in some streets, rain is still falling, and the river won't crest until Tuesday. Because of the amount of damage done, and work getting power restored, it may be a while until I get back home. Thankfully there was good planning by the government and the power companies. I am enjoying being where I am, but you know what they say about three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment