Tuesday, September 11, 2018

the hurricane is coming

It has been a pretty day here in Wilmington making it hard to believe a terrible hurricane is headed straight for us that is intent on destruction. At least that is what all the newscasters are saying. I do not live in a mandatory evacuation area, but tomorrow morning I will be one of the cars headed out of town. Most of Wilmington has a low elevation, and I am heading toward higher ground at Peter and Sally's. I hope I will be able to come back home in a few days, but reports say there will be massive flooding all over the Carolinas. I hear words like devastating, historic, catastrophic, life-changing, the worst ever seen, and I cannot imagine. I have never been in such a situation. I pray my house is spared and the trees stand strong. I got a neighborhood newsletter this evening, and a lot of neighbors are riding it out. So is the hubby. He wants to see what it is like. We have prepared today, but it may not be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment