Saturday, September 22, 2018

storm recovery

I arrived back home about 6:30 pm yesterday.
Nobody returned by way of the same route they left.
Evacuees had to check the latest news on what was safe, flooded, or closed, and we did the best we could, no matter how long it took.
I left Lugoff and drove miles and miles through the rural midsection of South Carolina. When I finally reached I 95, was I so relieved! Then I had smooth sailing to 26, and up 17. I didn't see any real damage until I got to Leland.
When I pulled into my neighborhood I saw pine tree debris in the streets, fallen trees, and neat piles of lost trees stacked by the road ready for pick up. I was impressed by how much work had already been done.
Riding around today, I saw lots of work trucks big and small, more trees down, open businesses, and many places for people to get free food.
I think the aftermath of Florence has gone very smoothly. From President Trump down to our mayor. and the citizens, everyone has worked together. The meteorologists were accurate in all their predictions.
Much more could be said, but it is real aggravating trying to write on my old iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment