Tuesday, September 2, 2014

#6: Mary

Mary is pretty special to me because she is the first one I met at the studios. It was a hot August day last year, and I had sweated as much as I could stand by the time I finally left Greenfield Lake. I had no idea I had so much steam left in me! But when I saw the Open Studios sign, I had to turn in and find out what was there. I found charming Mary painting away in her studio. It was hot there too, as it is now, but she was dressed for it, and able to work, and I was impressed. Mary had a career in art as a fabric designer, but has also been painting her whole life. I admire her boldness at working on big canvases and her confidence in tackling any subject, and she always comes up with something wonderful. I appreciate the way she encourages me to go for it. "Just paint!" she tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment