Thursday, September 25, 2014

Simply take pix

I realize it isn't life or death, but I have been sweating some art things this week. Though I have never participated in an art show in my life, I signed up under peer pressure to enter two. And yikes...they both start next week. Why oh why? The real answer is that it is not just about the art, it is about learning the process of how a show works.

This afternoon I felt relief when I decided to resort to my default setting, photos for both. Whew! Thankfully that is considered art. I have loved finding something interesting or pretty to shoot and post to my blog. That is all the satisfaction I ever needed. I hope I won't be too shy about having others see my photos framed and hanging on a wall.

I am not ready to show a painting since  I am less than an "emerging" artist. I feel like a chick inside the shell pecking to climb out. In a few years, I will paint something spectacular and will proudly show it off, but if I displayed something lame now it would only reflect my utter beginner status.

Maybe next year . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment