Sunday, September 25, 2016

Hillsong

When I learned that Hillsong church met two doors down from the hotel we are staying in, I knew I had to go. Like many of us who enjoy CCM, I have been singing their music a long time and was aware of its phenomenal success.
Last night I wondered how the restaurant and bar named Escape would become transformed enough to hold a Sunday church service! But it did. My early-bird son was out this morning and saw the people diligently setting up. I watched the tram stop several times right in front letting off a lot of nice-looking young people, and a little before noon, the doors opened and Hillsong Escape church began with a full congregation.
Afterward, I went across the street to an art market and was talking to one of the artists. I told her I had been to church, and she said she wondered what was going on every Sunday she is there. She said she always sees people leaving and they seem so happy! It was a treat to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment