Friday, September 2, 2016

rain rain

Yesterday's drive to and from Laurinburg was under an canopy of a bright blue sky filled with freakin' awesome majestic white clouds that looked ready to burst. I have come to recognize them as a sign a hurricane or hard summer storm is imminent. Today the sky was gray, not sunlit, and the clouds fulfilled their duty. The rains came and the winds blew and now it seems to be over, the hurricane traveling inward and upward.
I didn't mind as I had an excuse to wear my new rain jacket for the first time. The timeless shimmery brown one I had went missing. I had it for so long and must have taken it for granted and become careless. I must have left it somewhere, under a seat or on a hook at some place I rarely go. I kept hoping it would magically appear in my closet as it has before, but I finally let go of my denial and accepted the truth of its demise. My new one is actually prettier, and I hope I will enjoy it for twenty-five years like I did my other one. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment