Friday, October 6, 2017

el trabajo esta completo

Today we went back to all the homes we did and dedicated them. We also threw a party complete with pinatas and gifts. After all that, we went to a school and handed out food - staples like rice and oatmeal - to many people. It is a wonderful thing to be a part of the family of God.

I took only a few pictures and may add them later, but for now I will tell you some of my observations. I may never write any more about it, because once I get back home, it will be my normal life all over again.

Our team has worked well together. I love seeing people using their various talents to bring about good results. The men have been outstanding. I have loved seeing them be men, doing what men do!
We also have a great group of women who have spent time with the families and helped wherever we were needed.

The Guatemalans we have spent time with have been unbelievably gracious and respectful to us and to each other. Their families are multigenerational, extended and strong. The many children are beautiful and look healthy. I never heard one of them cry or whine. They don't seem to have any confusion about their roles in life. Boys are boys, men are men, women are women.  They are big-time huggers. Rather than shake hands or simply say something like "nice to meet you," they lock you in an embrace.

Tomorrow we plan to have a free day to go to Antigua. I am just getting the hang of it. It was so new on Monday, and now I am comfortable here. But I will be glad to get home midnight Sunday.

Here is a pic as the food distribution was about to begin this afternoon. Guy in the red shirt is the other missionary. You can see people lined up.


No comments:

Post a Comment