Tuesday, October 3, 2017

staying in part 2

Teresita, the cleaning girl, and I have had some good conversations today. She speaks English fairly well, and we have enjoyed sharing information about our different cultures. She was telling me about the three volcanoes that are visible from here. The most dangerous is Fuego, and some who have dared to climb it have seen an awesome view. Others have not survived. There are some horror stories about hot lava that I do not want to burden you with but the message is stay away. Apparently earthquakes are felt fairly often but are not disasters. Good to know.
To her mother's chagrin, Teresita's favorite food is spaghetti. She told me about how huge the carrots are here, one thing I already heard, and how they are used in practically every meal. My part of the exchange was showing her some photos of Wilmington and of my family. She found it sad that my children live so far from me, because here the children continue to live very close by. Very.

No comments:

Post a Comment