Sunday, October 8, 2017

talking

The missionary here has a daughter who teaches English in school. Her students don't have many opportunities to speak with Americans, so she asked if our group would spend some 1:1 time with them to engage in some directed conversation. The students were brought to a restaurant in Antigua by bus, and when we arrived, there was one student sitting at a table for two waiting for one of us to join them. I sat with fifteen year old Evelyn. Here is a picture I took of her. She took a picture with her cell phone of the two of us together. I thought she was terrific. She told her personal story and then taught me some about Guatemala. I hope that one of my granddaughters will communicate with her via social media in the future. Also is a picture of Abby in our group talking with her student.



No comments:

Post a Comment